Monday, July 25, 2011

Good news / Bad news!

If I have any followers left, (thanks honey!) you may have noticed my recent and long lasting absence. For this I apologize, but I have had a couple of things on my plate. So here go the excuses: Wife and I added one little girl to our family and I had to hit the books for a promotion. The promotion is the main reason I have not been posting. In my organization its a year of study and in my case almost a year of floating to random assignments throughout the city. Once I was ranked on my promotional list then I began upgrading on engines and ladders. Good news was I was back to riding the engines and ladders, bad news not as many blog-worthy stories to write. You just can't beat EMS stories from the ghetto. Which brings me to my announcement and shifting of gears here at I love my job. I have been promoted! I am now an Engine Captain.
So in our 2 tier system I will still be dispatched to EMS calls but the engines don't always remain on scene long enough to hear the patient's stories. That and I am no longer responsible for the folks in the ghetto, I have been relocated. So that means we are changing gears a little here on my little therapy project. In addition to the usual funny (at least I think so)stories I will begin to include some Station Captain stories as well. And a little of what its like for a paramedic riding a BLS fire engine. Hope you like

4 comments:

  1. Just in time, as Capt. Schmoe is fixing to retire. Have to have my fix of leadership adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! good luck keeping up the medic skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and congrats! I am well past the family addition time, but look forward to comparison reading your Captain stories.
    Best to you, your wife, and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad sigh about not as many ghetto stories, but congrats on the promotion! That is great! So is this another baby since the last time you announced a baby??? If so, congrats are in order again! Glad to see another post on here!

    ReplyDelete